What are Crowns and Bridges?
A dental crown is a cap-like structure that is attached to a prepared tooth, and is used for restoring the structure and function of weakened or broken teeth. Similarly, a dental bridge is a fixed prosthetic dental appliance that rests over prepared teeth on either side of edentulous space, and is used for replacing multiple adjacent missing teeth.
What are the Benefits of Dental Crowns?
Restoration of teeth with dental crowns provides the following benefits:
· Strength – the strength of weak teeth can be considerably enhanced with crowns.
· Esthetics – dental crowns are also hiding the effects of teeth stains and permanent discoloration.
· Restoration of Function – dental crowns are also useful in restoring complete function of chipped and fractured teeth.
What are the Benefits of Dental Bridges?
Teeth bridges possess several benefits over the removable dentures:
· Durability – removable dentures need to be repaired or replaced frequently. This is no the case with dental bridges, since they possess excellent strength and durability. If they are looked after properly, teeth bridges can last for more than 10 years.
· Convenience – removable dentures are unable to provide sufficient chewing efficiency to ensure optimal food digestion. On the other, dental bridges are firmly attached to the teeth and therefore they allow you to eat and speak without difficulty.
· Esthetics – dental bridges provide far better facial esthetics and smile improvement as compared to the removable dentures.